Special Events For You and Me

Do you sometimes feel certain things happen just for you ?

I do :)

Like what I saw out the window when I returned home after work today.



Just moments before my eyes landed on this view, I was feeling drained and stressed out. This was just what I needed to get recharged again.


Like being welcomed by a gorgeous carpet of flowers and plant trimmings at my parent's home in Kerala after a tiring train journey. My mom had just trimmed the flower bushes in her garden and it was strewn all over. Thus resulting in the cheerfully colourful welcome.



My son and I wasted no time in picking the flowers and arranging them :)


Or like the mail I got from Rose last Monday, asking me if I wanted to host Kerala Kitchen for this month.
I was so excited from that moment on. Instead of my usual Monday blues, I was chirpy and looking forward to the rest of the week (and the month). Thank you Rose and Ria, for this wonderful opportunity to host this superb event that show-cases the wide and varied cuisine of Kerala as well as dishes inspired by the common ingredients used in Kerala.


Here are the rules of the event :)
  • In order to submit your Kerala dishes or Kerala-inspired dishes for the month of May, please do so before May 30th, 2011 by filling out the form below this post. This way, it becomes easier to collate the entries for the round up at the end of the month.
  • You can either enter the link for the picture of your dish or else there is also an option to upload the picture directly from your desktop. If uploading the pic, do make sure that it is no more than 300 px wide, else it takes too long to upload.
  • Make sure to add a link to this post as well as the main event page of Kerala Kitchen to the posts you are submitting! 
  • Another change from the exisiting rules is that old posts are not allowed for this event anymore.
  • For more info and guidelines and for the event logos check out the main event page here
As usual badges will be awarded to:
- Top Dish
- Best Pic
- Top Contributor : Most number of entries
- Member: All participants will get Kerala Kitchen member badges

So folks, put on your cooking hats and submit your entries in the form below. I look forward to seeing your mouth-watering submissions.

In case you have any issues (like unable to get the link to your photo or having trouble with resizing the photo), just send a mail to spoonfulofdelight@gmail.com with the below mentioned details and the pic attached and I will add your entry to the Kerala Kitchen :) I would be sending a reply to every submission. So please leave a comment on my blog in case you do not get an email reply from me in a couple of days.

Update: The Kerala Kitchen for May 2011 is closed and the round up is posted here.

Comments

Behind the Scenes

All the dishes posted in this blog have been cooked by me. Some of the recipes are mine and some of them adapted / borrowed in which case, the link to the original source is provided.

I am also the photographer and the author behind this blog.

If you would like to borrow any of my recipes or photographs, please do let me know and link back to the original post on this blog.

Popular Posts